The University Of Kentucky, located in Lexington, Kentucky was founded in 1865 by John Bowman. Though initially conceptualised as an Agricultural and Mechanical College Of Kentucky, it eventually took the form of a public, co-educational University and is the largest in the overall Commonwealth of Kentucky in terms of the total enrollment every year, exceeding 27,000 students.
According to the U.S. News and World Report, this is the highest ranked research University in entire Kentucky and is dedicated to improving people’s lives through excellence in education, research and creative work, service, and health care.
Why Pursue The MHA Degree?
The M.H.A. Program offers the perfect platform for aspirants to develop the critical competencies that are very important to mature into an administrator par excellence given the diverse challenges of the healthcare sector.
Given the complex construct of the healthcare organizations, this course provides a solid foundation for future leadership roles. The core mission of the course aims to
- Improve the organization and delivery of personal and public health services
- Course incorporates detailed health services research and service
- The focus areas include health policy and economics, information systems, leadership and management, organization and delivery of services
- They also create opportunities for disseminating new knowledge and providing consultative assistance
What Are The Course Details?
The Master of Health Administration Program was reviewed and re-accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education or the CAHME in 2012 for the maximum term of seven years.
It is a 54 credit hours program completed by full-time students in 21 months. Students even without any exposure to healthcare programs can pursue this degree and are encouraged to join the full-time course.
What Are The Pre-requisites?
Aspirants need to submit the complete application form before deadline and meet the following criteria:
- A GPA score of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
- GRE/GMAT score of 50 percentile or better
- Official TOEFEL scores for international students who might be keen in applying for this course
- Current, updated resume with all details
- Official transcripts of all related coursework achieved thus far also need to be submitted along with the application form.
Additionally students need to furnish a statement of purpose and all foreign transcripts need to be evaluated by the WES.