Louisiana is currently one of the primary centers of healthcare administration degree given the growing needs of patients and increased exposure to healthcare facilities as a result of fresh legislation. This has meant that the number of healthcare facilities are also rising across the state and with that the continuous need to get able and efficient managers who are able to handle the challenges of these institutions deftly. A major boost in this context has been the massive $6 million grant that Louisiana received in 2007. This has not just paved the road for increased allocation and attention to healthcare facilities but also in terms of sheer numbers, there has been an explosion of healthcare facilities across the state.
Healthcare Administration Schools in Louisiana
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Administration (MBA)
- Healthcare Administration (AMBA)
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (MSN)
- And more...
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Further Your Career with a Billing and Coding Diploma from Fortis!
- Medical Records
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Healthcare Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- M.S. in Health Care Administration
- Master of Public Administration with an Emphasis in Health Care Management
- And more...
The Major Contributors
One of the most important reasons why anyone would want to get the Healthcare Administrator’s degree from Louisiana is of course the rising job prospects. In the period between 2012 to 2022 job openings in this field is set to rise to close to 20%. It is needless to mention that the salary outlook too is extremely promising. Currently a medical administrator in the state draws a paycheck around $82,000 and given the almost geometric growth projections in job opportunities, there could also be a phenomenal rise in the salaries received by medical administrators.
If you love challenges and see it as the best stepping stone to success, then there are opportunities galore for you as a medical administrator in Louisiana. This is essentially because of the predominantly rural population seen across the state and the hurdles involved in making appropriate medical care available for them at any cost. With a degree earned in local conditions, you can easily add to the knowledge gathered through mere academic exposure. The ground realities, the base challenges all prepare you to handle future obstacles with greater confidence and a lot more alacrity. These exposures also train you to become appropriate fits in executive positions in many public healthcare outlets and rehab centres seen across the state.
Last but not the least, the excellent financial aid facilities no doubt incentivise individuals to pursue the healthcare administration degree in this state. Though there are several entry level grant openings for aspirants, some of the renowned scholarship programmes include Louisiana Go Grants, Louisiana Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (LEAP), Stephen W. Cavanaugh Scholarships, Karen E. Domingue-Maillet and Rhodia Scholarships.