Kentucky has a unique mix of rural and urban patients and throws up an interesting set of challenges to any efficient healthcare administrator. Given the increasing access to better healthcare facilities for more Americans, the call for efficient, calm and competent healthcare administrators is also increasing by leaps and bounds.
As per the data released by the US Labor department in 2013, just about 4,300 medical administrators are employed in a state as vast as Kentucky. With the now improved and latest legislations implemented by the Government, the need for competent administrators in the healthcare field is increasing by leaps and bounds and is seen at a pace which is nearly 10% faster than the national average. Therefore earning your degree in healthcare administration from Kentucky could open up a vast avenue of opportunities for you.
Featured Health Administration Schools in Kentucky
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Concentration in Health Care Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Administration (MBA)
- Healthcare Administration (AMBA)
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (MSN)
- And more...
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- M.S. in Health Care Administration
- Master of Public Administration with an Emphasis in Health Care Management
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Healthcare Management
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
The Major Catalysts
Kentucky is one of those states which gives you an opportunity to have a balanced learning experience as a healthcare administrator. It helps you achieve that right mix between excelling in classroom courses and outdoor activities. Though there are over 150 schools offereing a whole bunch of relevant degrees, as per the records of the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education, there is even one CAHME-accredited school in Kentucky offering Masters in Healthcare Administration and giving a competitive edge to the many aspirants who join these schools.
Additionally several local healthcare associations also accept student members giving them the much required exposure to ground level challenges. Students also get to learn a lot about the available opportunities, potential internships and even use these associations as networking hubs to ensure their professional excellence and network support once they graduate out of the school. They might even gain expertise enough to earn referrals and further tighten their professional potential.
The pay-scale hovering well above $80,000 annually is positively poised for any aspirant intending to make it big in the world of medical administration anywhere across the state. The salary outlook is pointing northwards and is often a major catalyst convincing them to pursue the course from Kentucky as compared several other states.
There is also a healthy dollop of grants doing the rounds around the state boosting the morals of young aspirants. Some of the noteworthy scholarships include Kentucky College Access Program, Kentucky Tuition Grants and Kentucky Education Excellence Scholarships. These provide the fundamental resource base for many deserving aspirant who might have taken a back seat for lack of funds.