Illinois is undoubtedly one of the most populous states of Midwest in US. As result there is a huge patient base across the many cities and rural zones and the scope of any healthcare administrator is huge but surprisingly there hasn’t been a matching rise in the number of professionals in this field. The good point is there is no dearth of institutions that offer courses in healthcare administration. It currently has over 20 school which offer a wide range if degrees in healthcare administration and there are quite a few of them which are also accredited by the prestigious CAHME. Therefore here is perfect place for you to not just pursue your degree but practice it too.
Top Rated Healthcare Administration Schools in Illinois:
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Administration (MBA)
- Healthcare Administration (AMBA)
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (MSN)
- And more...
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Healthcare Management
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- M.S. in Health Care Administration
- Master of Public Administration with an Emphasis in Health Care Management
- And more...
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
Outlook For Illinois
Illinois as you would know is an exciting place to work in from a healthcare administrators’ perspective. It is especially true around Chicago and other major hubs where you have a plethora of worldclass healthcare firms opening up their centres. Apart from extending the necessary care and relief to the ever increasing population, these centres for healthcare management are also successful is bringing all those professionals who manage these centres together under one umbrella and makes it a major networking hub for those interested in pursuing a course in healthcare administration.
Interested and talented students can put their healthcare administration skills to use at a wide range of public healthcare centres, government agencies and many specialty clinics apart from the ever increasing private healthcare facilities that are mushrooming up in the state. Another major plus is that students get an opportunity to learn a lot about the many different roles that a healthcare administrator needs to play and the various skills that have to hone to excel in their job from effective financial management to precise time management to even more extensive interaction with people.
Looking at the current situation, job openings are set to rise by 13% in the time period between 2012-2022. Given the relative slow rate of growth openings, it has resulted in a significant rise in the average salary for healthcare administrators. From $70,000 annually in 2010 to current rate of $97,000 per year, this is significantly ahead of the national average.
Here is a comprehensive list of all the notable healthcare administration schools that have been established across Illinois and which can help you excel in your chosen profession.