The name Hawaii normally springs up the image of a beautiful tourist locale, sprawling greenery, lush natural beauty and miles of golden sand. But what is perhaps not known much about this American Island state that it is fast emerging as fastest growing centre for the healthcare field and all services related to it. To cater to this ever rising demand base, efforts also underway to bring in quality academic centres that can feed this huge demand in the healthcare field and churn out efficient professionals and administrators. Here is a lowdown on some of the best options available in Hawaii to lay the foundation of this exciting career.
Health Administration Colleges in Hawaii:
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Administration (MBA)
- Healthcare Administration (AMBA)
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (MSN)
- And more...
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Healthcare Management
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- M.S. in Health Care Administration
- Master of Public Administration with an Emphasis in Health Care Management
- And more...
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
The Big Positives
There are many reasons why Hawaii could be your destination of choice for pursuing higher studies in this field. One of the key roles of a healthcare administrator is effective utilisation of resources and funds and facilitate greater good. Hawaii with its huge fund allocation and wide array of healthcare issues that need to be addressed provides exactly this avenue for not just proper undertaking of challenges but a much efficient execution of services.
- Affordability=Demand: The Affordable Healthcare Care Act has ensured that healthcare facilities and services are relatively cheaper in Hawaii. Not only does this encourage individuals to be more proactive and conscious about their health issues but also facilitate the creation of several healthcare facilities across the length and breadth of Hawaii thereby fuelling demand for more able and efficient healthcare administrators who have on ground understanding of the real challenges.
- Shortage Of Qualified Staff: While relatively affordable healthcare services have ensured higher demand, it also meant a severe shortage in qualified professionals and healthcare administrators who can handle the myriad challenges of running a medical establishment efficiently, draw a balance between budget and resource allocation as well as adhere to legal obligations. In this scenario healthcare administrators being trained right there in Hawaii is one of the best options available
- Steady Growth In Opportunities: This growth in opportunities for healthcare administrators is quite steady and over the next few years it could even go above 15%. This has also meant a reasonable spike in mean average salaries drawn by these medical administrators. Currently this average is around $104,500 which is significantly above the national average.
Therefore it’s time you paid heed to the calls of the golden beaches of Hawaii and chose one of the many schools from our comprehensive listing to seal your future success.