To start from etymology, Gerontology translates to ‘Study of old men’ in Greek. To expand more about this, it would include the biological, social and psychological aspects of ageing and taking care of them. As a home nurse administrator in a Gerontology or Long Term Care Program, you will often find yourself being in situations where you will have to work with the family members of the old and those who are not able to take care for themselves. This is a vocation that needs extremes of empathy and calm, patient and an understanding mind. Every individual is unique and catering to their every need is beyond taxing, but always worth it. This being the case, your daily routine will be everything but boring and routine. Each person possesses a different ability and catering to them will be your most important challenge.
Best Gerontology Schools in USA
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Gerontology
- BA in Health and Human Services
- BA in Health and Human Services - Health Care Informatics Systems Specialization
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Human Service Certificates in Child and Family Services
- MS in Human Services
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MA Human Services: Christian Ministry
- MA Human Services: Military Resilience
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Biblical Counseling
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
There are a lot of reasons Bryant & Stratton College is the place to get an education. From the personal attention you receive from instructors that stay after class to make sure you are on the right track.
- What is the requiem for doing Gerontology/ Long Term Care?
Even with the blooming industry like the healthcare industry, finding a good position in nursing care administration can be a bit of a task. This will surely take the golden combination of education with experience and that is definitely something that is attainable. For basics, a minimum of a bachelors’ degree will be required. This can be in the field of healthcare administration as well. Being a nurse care administrator is not a simple job and will necessitate the knowledge of everything under the sun and so including several tasks like learning from gerontology to finance can always come in handy.
- What about the experience that will be gained?
To add to this, nurse care administrators are to demonstrate their experience in health care management as well. This can be easily covered in an old age home where there is a lot to be learnt by just the lifestyle. Personal learning can be a goal that is used for better understanding the situation and the people in it, especially in this situation. Since most nursing homes are in a private setting, they have certain rules and routines for what a definition would be for a good nursing administrator.
- What is the kind of education that is usually covered?
Talking about education, a master’s education in nursing and/ or a program done in nursing or gerontology can help you when working with older adults. Knowing and realizing that their needs completely vary and that one has to be flexible and motivated to work with them, can bring them a long way.
- Explain the career outlook for Gerontology/ Long term care outlook?
Surprisingly, the surveys conducted by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics calculated a mean wage of $101,340 per annum! This was for nursing home administrators, who usually have a lot on their plate, and gerontology is one of the things they handle. To get to a better level, education always helps. A Masters’ degree can facilitate in bagging those extra dollars and so can a bit more experience with it!
It is not secret that the population is ageing day by day and care has to be present as the numbers increase. The result of this will obviously be an escalation in need of jobs and most definitely, gerontology will be a huge part of it.
To add on to this, you also have a wide variety of online programs to choose from. Now there are several universities offering numerous programs and courses which you can learn and avail at the click of a button in the comfort of your own home. I think his possibly gives you all the more reason to go ahead with gerontology/ long term care programs!