The Connecticut healthcare space is exploding with opportunities. The expectation is that close to 6000 healthcare professionals will be working in the state by 2020. Specifically for healthcare administrators this directly translates into 200 job openings every year. In an economy that is struggling to get back to its pre-Lehman growth rate, this is not only heartening development but ensures that healthcare management is soon opening up into a much sought after career option for many individuals across several spheres of the society. With many major cities in Connecticut like Hartford and Bridgeport too are showing a need for significant healthcare facilities and efficient management of these become necessary.
Top Rated Schools in Connecticut
About the College of Westchester
Since 1915, The College of Westchester (CW) has focused on the career success of its students. CW's academic programs are carefully designed to provide the skills and competencies most desired by employers. Our campus environment is highly personal and our culture centers on service to students. CW faculty is selected based on experience, credentials and a caring attitude to bring real world knowledge to the classroom. The College's technologies and web-enhanced learning tools give students anywhere, anytime connectivity to courses, professors, classmates and services. The College of Westchester offers an exceptional experience that can lead to a lifetime of achievement and success.
- Healthcare Services Administration
- BBA-Health Administration
- Health Information Management - Associate
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Healthcare Administration (MBA)
- Healthcare Administration (AMBA)
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (MSN)
- And more...
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- M.S. in Health Care Administration
- Master of Public Administration with an Emphasis in Health Care Management
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Healthcare Management
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
Why Connecticut Is Steaming With Opportunity?
It is very important for an individual to look at various factors before deciding on a specific school. There are many factors like whether they want to attend on campus classes or prefer an online module, whether the tuition rates are affordable and most importantly whether they qualify for the institution and its financial aid programmes. The wide plethora of choices in Connecticut is an added positive.
- Rate Of Jobs Growth Rising: Despite its relative smaller size, there is steady growth in the rate of job opportunities for healthcare administrators. This is essentially because this state is home to many businesses in the healthcare arena and all of them rely on effective and efficient management for running them successfully. Individuals get an opportunity to work in numerous facilities including public healthcare facilities, private clinics and many medical centre. Research pegs the rate of growth at 19% in the next couple of years.
- Higher Salary Options: Following the basics of economics, the salary of healthcare administrators in Connecticut is also pointing northwards. As of now the mean average salary is over $100,000 per year. This is at par with the national mean with a significant positive bias.
- Financial Aid: The prospect of getting financial aid in several of the institutes that do offer this program is a big positive. It means for many who might be taking a back step just because of funding problems could also take a step forward. Some of the noteworthy state sponsored scholarships here include Connecticut Aid for Public Colleges Students program, Connecticut Independent College Student Grant and Capitol Scholarship program.
So it is time for you to make a choice in the institute you want to pursue and take advantage of the rising opportunities in Connecticut. Here is our comprehensive list of the school that offer healthcare administration or MHA programs.