Located in Texas, the Baylor University was established in 1845 and is one of the oldest academic institutes in the region. This university has been ranked annually among the top 75 colleges and universities in US.
The Army-Baylor University Graduate Program in Health Administration was initially started in 1947 as a three-month course. This was later expanded to 20 weeks in 1949 and finally in 1951, the 11 graduate hospital administration program kicked off at the Graduate School of Baylor University in Waco, Texas.
Why Choose MHA?
The Master Of Health Administration program aims at creating leaders who are better adept at efficient trouble shooting and effective management decision makers. This is the only fully accredited graduate healthcare administration program for the Federal System.
The students for this prestigious institute span across officers from Army, Navy, Air force, Coast Guards and several civilian personnel.
- The program maintains full membership status with AUPHA
- It is fully credentialed by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education or the CAHME since the late 1960s.
- The joint MHA\MBA degree is awarded with accreditation standing from the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
They have been instrumental in providing professional health care facilities across the globe during many conflict situations like Vietnam War, Gulf War and many others.
Students need to have a basic set of requisites ready before applying. These include:
- You need to be a US Federal Govt employee for applying
- Bachelors degree from accredited institution
- The minimum GRE score for the MHA program is 300 while GMAT has to be 525
- For the combined MHA/MBA program the minimum GRE score needs to be 310 & GMAT @ 575
- The cumulative GPA has to be 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
What Exactly Is The Course Structure?
This two-year MHA program is divided into two phases
- Didactic Phase: It spans for 12 months and students need to complete 60 hours of coursework of the Master of Health Administration program. They could also choose for a combined 71 hours of MHA/MBA degree from the Baylor University in its place.
- Residency Phase: It is a 12-month program as well and provides a platform for students to integrate management concepts with health administration fundamentals.
While the MHA comprises a total of 66 academic hours, the combined MHA\MBA curriculums totals 87 academic hours.