This wonderful lucrative opportunity is knocking at your door, providing you flexibility, a good remuneration and a respectful living, would you accept it? Well, if yes, you are on board to becoming a healthcare administrator! With the field of healthcare being one of the fastest growing and largest when compared to the rest, believe that you are in safe hands. To take the statistics according to the Bureau of Labor, the mean remuneration on an annual basis is calculated to be $34,950, in the year 2013! To start off, an associate’s degree in healthcare administration would be the perfect foundation to base your bachelor degree, which would be recommended later on.
Top Rated Schools for Associates Degree in Health Administration:
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Health Information Management - Associate's
- Healthcare Administration - Bachelor's
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- BS in Health Science
- BS in Health Care Administration
- BS in Health Information Management
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Public Health (BS)
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Bachelor of Science: Health Care Administration
- Associate of Applied Science:Office Management
- Bachelor of Science: Health Science
- And more...
Types of Associate Healthcare Degrees:
There are three types of degrees you can choose from:
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Administration
- Associate of Arts in Health Administration
- Associate of Science in Health Administration
You choice here will reflect on what you will be doing after. Focusing on the technical aspects of the field and acquiring a particular skill, is what you will be taught in the Associate of Applied Science. This will be helpful for you if you are looking to directly work or using the skill you’re learning. This degree is more or less considered a terminal degree as not a lot of credits get carried over to your bachelors degree. Perhaps, if continuing education is on your mind, then the optimal choice would be to take Associate of Arts or Associate in Science. Doing any one of these degrees make you qualified to get a general health administration degree, or go ahead to an area to expertise, like medical records or pharmacy practice
Requirements needed for an Associates Healthcare Administration:
The requirement will depend on what degree you are looking to pursue and your area of concentration later in work. There might be certain basic things that you need to have prior knowledge of thefollowing:
- How the healthcare system works
- Management of healthcare practices and functions and technology needed for the same
- Medical terminology needed on a basic level
- Anatomy introduction
- Law and ethics in the medical field
To be more specific to the areas of choice, the arts track will need prior information or courses regarding the history, Humanities, Writing and English, Civilization history or even a foreign language (this can help you even in the field). On the other hand, science enthusiasts might have subjects such as biology, chemistry, physics and even psychology classes.
If general business is your cup of tea, then genera aspects of business like administrations, organization, marketing, economical studies and customer communication and service can be learnt. Usually, these typical areas of degree will need around 60 credit hours of work.
Job Opportunities after doing Associate Administration Degree
Like most students, a job is well expected even though there is the option of a bachelors degree. Experience in the field always ha its benefits, especially if you are planning to continue education as well. It’s always a cycle, better experience is the key to better remuneration and better jobs and education is the way to better experience. Getting in to the working field as a rookie is a common choice. Options include (more than mentioned) clinics, hospitals, long term care facilities, hospices, insurance companies, and administrative vacancies. You can always join as an entry level employee in any of the above mentioned and gain experience to add to your education. The job asks for a little of everything, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself being the Jack of all trades.